ThermOmegaTech Inc., is a manufacturing company based out of Warminster, PA. We have been in business for over 35 years and have enjoyed continued growth during that time. Our primary success centers around self-actuated temperature control valves for the Railroad Industry, Industrial Process Control, Commercial Plumbing, Aerospace and Defense markets. We also manufacture BBQ Controls (thebbqguru.com) for the professional cook and backyard griller, along with Printed Circuit Boards for a wide range of Commercial and Industrial applications.
Job Title: SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Operator/Programmer
Job Description: The SMT Operator/Programmer is responsible for programming, setup and operation of multiple Surface Mount Pick and Place machines along with all the ancillary equipment required for the process, including stencil machines and reflow ovens. The PCBA group is mainly a low volume high mix production line requiring a strong background in the programming and setup phases to minimize downtime of the machine.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Review and Troubleshoot PCB Gerber files.
- Program/Troubleshoot solder paste printing and SMT Pick and Place Equipment
- Debug PCBA thermal profiling (SMT reflow oven).
- Performs assembly of technically challenging Printed Circuit Boards.
- Hand place unique components which cannot be place by component mounters.
- Basic knowledge of Electrical Schematic interpretation and assembly drawings.
- Complete Shop Travelers for all work performed in the shop.
- Follow the standard work techniques and Instructions for the area.
- Optimize throughput and organization of work area using Lean techniques.
- Troubleshoot failures and quality issues quickly to maintain on-time delivery.
- Assist assembly team members as necessary with production as time allows.
- Safely operate all on-site equipment as necessary.
- Raise issues that require further diagnosis to Process Engineer.
- Maintain ESD Controls, inventory control and timely movement of completed kits.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Achieved IPC-610 and J-STD-001 with the last 5yrs
- 2-5 Yrs. experience in PCBA manufacturing facility
- 1-3 Yrs. experience with SMT Pick and Place operation and programming
- IPC-610 Class 3 experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Windows based software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good communication skills with both internal and external personnel
- Ability to lift 50lbs
It is the policy of ThermOmegaTech to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, ThermOmegaTech will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities. Employment decisions at ThermOmegaTech will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, not on any mental or physical disability. The Company complies with the law regarding “reasonable accommodation” for disabled employees and applicants.
Any employee with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace is encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of any member of management or the Human Resources Department. Any manager or supervisor who witnesses or learns of a violation of this policy is required to immediately notify Human Resources. A prompt and thorough investigation will be conducted upon receipt of a complaint, the results of which will be summarized in writing. Complaints will remain confidential to the extent possible under the circumstances.
Employees can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.