HAT/RA-LP valves are perfect to control cooling water for compressors, engines, heat exchangers, welding equipment, electrical equipment, molding equipment and pump bearings.
- Controls cooling fluid return temperatures – ideal for glycol and water
- Maintains constant discharge temperatures
- Improved system efficiency
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Conserves water
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant – long service life
- Narrow temperature band
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut-off
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the HAT/RA-LP, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls slightly, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary.
At start-up, the HAT/RA-LP is closed except for its control leakage, which allows a small flow so that the actuator inside the valve can sense the changing equipment temperature.
HAT/RA-LP valves are perfect to control cooling water for compressors and die-casting equipment, engines, heat exchangers, welding equipment, electrical equipment, molding equipment, pump bearings, and seals.