At the designated set point, a thermostatic element located at one end of the US/AR valve, will open or close completely over a 10°F (5.5°C) differential (i.e. 35-45°F, 90-100°F, etc.) and control the flow of steam, gas, or fluid through the valve based on ambient temperature.
There are many uses for these compact, self-contained, automatic valves. Ambient sensing valves can be used to turn on steam, air, gas or liquids compatible with teflon and stainless steel in response to temperature change. Applications include automation of steam trace lines, control of pneumatically operated pumps for injection of anti-freeze liquids, ambient sensing water line freeze protection, etc. They are also ideal for controlling steam heated drum heater enclosures and plate or panel coil tank heaters.
- Simplifies winterization procedures
- Reduces winterization maintenance and labor
- Efficiently automates steam tracing
- Eliminates wasted steam
- No outside power required
- Quick and easy installation
- Compact, low mass – Fast response
- Corrosion resistant – Long service life
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- All stainless steel construction
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Narrow temperature band
- Operating temperatures unaffected by pressure
- Wide choice of set points