US/S-XR Ultra Sense Control Valve
The US/S-X and US/S-XR valve’s Thermoloid® sensor/controller element may be placed against the process line or pipe with the optional weld-o-let or band-o-let, or in the line with the integral 3/4 NPT-M bushing. This allows the temperature element to be in contact with the process to control the valve section and regulate the inflow of heating media (or cooling media with the US/S-XR). Input temperatures or steam supply can vary widely, but the control temperature is maintained within desired limits.
These compact self-contained control valves can maintain very tight temperature control of any number of control loops using steam, liquid phase heat transfer media such as Dowtherm®, hot water, hot oil, glycol, etc. In general they can be used whenever accurate but low cost control is required. The reverse acting model, US/S-XR can be used to control cooling media to economically remove heat from equipment or a process.
- Prevents process overheating
- Discharges minimum amount of media for temperature control
- Maintains optimal process temperature
- Quick and easy installation
- Long service life
- All stainless steel construction
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Narrow temperature band
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut off
- Unaffected by pressure variations