For over 35 years, ThermOmegaTech® has been an innovator in the design and manufacture of self-actuated thermostatic technology. Founded in 1983, ThermOmegaTech® is a privately held organization with 50,000+ square feet of manufacturing and office facility located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The company provides innovative solutions for a wide range of applications including freeze protection, scald protection, steam tracing, thermal relief for pumps, ambient and surface temperature sensing and others. Key industries it serves include railroad, commercial plumbing, aerospace & defense and industrial. Over 95% of its products are manufactured at the facility in Warminster, PA USA. Complete R&D and testing facilities are also operated on site. ThermOmegaTech® has been ISO 9001 certified for over a decade and products are distributed and used worldwide.
Job Title: Director of Sales and Marketing: Industrial Valves
Reporting to CEO, this position manages and develops relationships with existing OEM customers and systems integrators. Identifies potential new OEM and system integrator customers, manages and implements plans to expand this segment of Therm industrial business. Must have knowledge of temperature sensing and control valves and their applications. Creates and drives strategic imperatives for the planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs both short and long range, targeted towards existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Responsible for all sales and marketing initiatives ensuring processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. Provide both hands on and strategic leadership to the team of talented staff members. Challenging and coaching the team at a high level, drawing on experience to help deliver opportunities which have a high probability of success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans, sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Works closely with team and engineering management to keep new product development on schedule, on budget, and meeting the specific industry standards.
- Understands customers evolving needs and technical requirements to stay on top of industry trends.
- Oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail by working closely with the marketing team.
- Oversees and evaluates market research adjusting marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Guides sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly. Closely monitors and manages the territory performance.
- Understand the market share as well as industry pricing for industry and economic trends and incorporates into the go to market strategy.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing effective relationships, territory alignment, quotas, and sales data tracking.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
- Supports selling team with organic growth of key clients, assists with establishing and maintaining of new customer relationships, negotiating and closing deals. Prepares sales pipeline reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion to effectively track and forecast sales with team as well as entire company.
- Define, track and deliver key performance indicators for the department and continually work towards improvement on indicators. Responsible for company revenue retention and growth.
- Represents company at select trade association meetings to promote product and ThermOmegaTech.
- Work with the team on establishing and maintaining relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establish a process with direct reports to identify their KPI and mentor them to achieve their goals.
- Responsible for team management and development including assigning and directing work, apprising performance, hiring, training, engaging, disciplining, addressing performance issues and resolving employee and customer issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Business or Engineering, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 10+ years Sales and Marketing experience in the temperature sensing and control and hydraulic valve industries.
- 5+ years Sales Leadership and Management of a technical sales organization.
- Entrepreneurial– turn ideas into actions. It includes creativity, innovation and risk-taking, as well as the ability to plan and manage projects to achieve objectives.
- Leadership– inspire people through a shared vision. Creates an environment where people feel valued, respected and fulfilled.
- Team Player– collaborate with others on projects. Understanding the team’s goal and encouraging their teammates and reports to succeed.
- Strategic Thinker– generate and apply unique business insight. Seeks opportunities to create future growth at a competitive advantage.
- Organized– plan and prioritize. Achieve goals for themselves and others without being distracted
- Decision Maker– chooses the best course of action. Plans and strategize with the department to stay goal oriented
It is the policy of ThermOmegaTech to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, ThermOmegaTech will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities. Employment decisions at ThermOmegaTech will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, not on any mental or physical disability. The Company complies with the law regarding “reasonable accommodation” for disabled employees and applicants.
Any employee with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace is encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of any member of management or the Human Resources Department. Any manager or supervisor who witnesses or learns of a violation of this policy is required to immediately notify Human Resources. A prompt and thorough investigation will be conducted upon receipt of a complaint, the results of which will be summarized in writing. Complaints will remain confidential to the extent possible under the circumstances.
Employees can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing|