The Therm-O-Mix® is designed to supply tepid water delivery for one shower/eyewash combo at a time. This water heating system should be installed near the shower and piped into a facility’s steam and cold water supply lines.
When an emergency shower or eyewash is activated, the pressure drop on a diaphragm opens the steam control valve (V-3). Water and steam flow are established, instantly heating the water and condensing the steam. After exiting the heat exchanger, the hot water enters the tempering valve (V-5) and then the mixing valve (V-1), where it is blended with cold water to produce an outlet of 80°F water. The steam valve remains closed should the water supply be interrupted.
OSHA and ANSI require all your emergency fixtures to provide tepid water for a minimum & continuous 15-minute cycle. Tepid is defined to be between 60°F (16°C) and 100°F (38°C). The Therm-O-Mix® Tepid Water Delivery System can ensure your emergency equipment will meet these code requirements by providing 80°F water to protect personnel from scalding or freezing temperature. Since the station does not require any electric power, it is suitable for explosion-proof environments and outdoor installations.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- Plant steam and water never mix – uses a compact heat exchanger
- Standard pressure unit available for 45-60 PSIG steam pressure
- Low-pressure unit available for 15-30 PSIG steam pressure
- Durable enclosure can be readily removed for service
- Conforms to OSHA and ANSI recommendations
- Designed to meet ASSE 1071 requirements
- Steam trap on steam inlet included
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Uses existing plant steam and water supply
- Provides 3 to 25 GPM of 80°F
- Easy to retrofit on existing shower or combination face/eyewash stations
- Maintains constant 80°F output regardless of inlet water temperature
(between 40°F and 80°F)
- No insulated tanks or expensive recirculation systems required
- Self-purging-no need for elaborate drainage system
- Union connections allow quick and easy installation
THERM-O-MIX® STATION, BPHE
THERM-O-MIX® STATION LSP, BPHE