To learn more about Circuit Solver®, please visit our expanded website by clicking the image below.
Click here for Circuit Solver® Brochure
Click here for Circuit Solver®/CSU Installation and Maintenance Instructions
Click here for CSUA/CSUAS Installation and Maintenance Instructions
Click here for Circuit Solver® Design Guide
- Many buildings require multiple branches off the hot water supply line
- Water flows to the path of least resistance.
- Hot water use is hyper-dynamic, so the path of least resistance constantly changes.
- Manual flow control valves cannot efficiently resolve these issues.
Install a Circuit Solver® on each hot water supply branch line immediately downstream of the last runout to a hot tap.
Get the right temperature of hot water available at any hot water fixture in your building regardless of the time of day. To learn how it works, watch the video below:
The Circuit Solver® Thermostatic Recirculation Valve constantly compensates for the fact that water always flows to the path of least resistance. As water use constantly changes throughout a building that path of least resistance also changes. By installing a Circuit Solver® immediately downstream of the last hot water fixture on each hot water branch line before it tees into the common hot water return line, the temperature of the hot water distribution system stays perfectly balanced, automatically.
Circuit Solver® opens when the water temperature drops below the set point. This creates a path of least resistance inducing flow until the temperature reaches set-point, then Circuit Solver® closes. The valve modulates based on temperature differential from set point so there is never a sudden closing which could create a water hammer.
Since the valve movement is automatic, manual adjustment is not required. This eliminates the typical testing and balancing procedure that is needed to adjust valves that restrict flow based on pressure differential.
If you are adjusting pressure regulating valves for your pressure booster pumps in a multi-story building, be sure the hot water system is full of cold water. Then, all of the Circuit Solvers will be in the full open position.
Other than always having hot water when and wherever you want it, there are other advantages to using Circuit Solver®:
- You no longer have to oversize your recirculating pump to create constant flow through all of the manually adjusted balancing valves
- Heat-loss is minimized by reducing average temperature and gpm of the common return line
- Lower gpm flow in hot water return lines minimizes erosion-corrosion problems caused by excessive velocity