The DTV drain tempering valve is installed into the drain line such that the hot effluent passes over the thermal actuator which controls the cold-water inlet port. If the hot effluent is above the specified set point of the valve, the actuator senses the rising temperature and signals the DTV to open to allow the injection of cold water to temper down the discharge fluid before it reaches the drain.
As the hot effluent cools, the DTV automatically modulates to reduce the cold-water inlet flow. At about 10°F below the full open temperature, the cold-water inlet is fully closed again to conserve water.
The DTV provides a convenient, economical, and easy to use method of tempering hot effluent. Since this drain tempering valve is open only when the effluent exceeds the specified set point temperature, it also conserves water by automatically turning off cold water when not needed.
The DTV (Drain Tempering Valve) is typically used in commercial dishwashers (warewashers), boiler blowdown drain lines, humidifiers, autoclaves, sterilizers, or any application that discharges scalding water to drains or sewers. Water temperatures entering the sewer system exceeding 140°F can lead to failed inspections, fines, business interruptions, or injury and damage to personnel and equipment.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® blend paraffin wax actuator
- Rugged, clog-resistant valve design
- Install using standard pipe fittings and tools
- Operates in any orientation
- Modulates to conserve cooling water
- Effluent tempering capacity limited only by cold water flow rate through DTV
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Compliant with drain temperature limitations of plumbing codes
- Prevents damage to PVC piping due to
- Minimizes water waste
- Easy to install
- Adaptable to almost any drain size
Choosing Your Size
The DTV valves are available with ½”, ¾”, and 1′′ NPT water connections. To choose the valve right for your system you will need to calculate your Cv. Refer to our DTV FLOW CALCULATOR for assistance.
1⁄2” DTV Valve
1⁄2” DTV Valve (Stainless Steel)
3⁄4” DTV Valve
3⁄4” DTV Valve (Stainless Steel)
1” DTV Valve
1” DTV Valve (Stainless Steel)