These valves save space, eliminate the use of extra, expensive and time consuming piping. They install in seconds. The unique ram-type plug & seat provide reliable, tight shut off longer than any other design available.
- Protects pump and pump seals from over-temperature damage
- Prevents potentially scalding water from being distributed to users
- Totally self-operating, no power or signal required
- Completely mechanical thermal relief for booster pumps and cooling jackets.
- Temperature response is unaffected by pressure variations
- Wrench flats for easy installation low mass – Fast response
- Compact, low mass
- Corrosion resistant, long service life
- Ram-type plug for tight, reliable shutoff
- Narrow temperature band
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the ECONO/HAT-RA, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls slightly, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary.
The ECONO/HAT-RA is perfect for thermal relief of booster pumps; controlling cooling water outlet temperature; and controlling flow of cooling water, glycol or other cooling media in applications requiring economical removal of heat from equipment or a process. Since the ECONO/HAT-RA valves open on rising temperatures, they should be used in many other thermal relief valve applications.