HAT/FP for Freeze Protection
- Protects against freeze damage
- primary protection or fail safe backup
- Long service life
- Fast response
- No outside power source required
- Discharges minimum amount of water required
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Exclusive Thermoloid® thermal actuator
- Corrosion resistant
- Narrow temperature band
- Compact and low mass
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram-type plug for reliable shutoff
The HAT/FP-35 will initiate flow when the thermostatic actuator senses 35°F (1.6°C) and will remain open as long as the discharge water temperature is below 40°F (4.4°C).
In standard flow, the actuator will sense ambient temperature to initiate flow and then respond to water temperature; in reverse flow, the actuator will sense water temperature.
Relying on manually opening valves for freeze protection allows for human error or plugging of partially cracked valves. This annually accounts for large amounts of freeze damage resulting in huge monetary loss including repairing damaged equipment, piping, as well as system downtime.
The self-actuating HAT/FP valve eliminates the human errors associated with manual valves. The automatic HAT/FP valve is ideal for the protection of piping, safety showers, solar collectors & piping, condensate systems, fire lines, spray nozzles, or as backup protection on traced systems.