HAT/FP for Freeze Protection
The HAT/FP-35 will initiate flow when the thermostatic actuator senses 35°F (1.6°C) and will remain open as long as the discharge water temperature is below 40°F (4.4°C).
In standard flow, the actuator will sense ambient temperature to initiate flow and then respond to water temperature; in reverse flow, the actuator will sense water temperature.
Typically freeze protection is effected by cracking open manual bleed valves. This method is at best risky. Human error or plugging of partially cracked valves annually accounts for large amounts of freeze damage to expensive equipment. HAT/FP valves are ideal for protection of piping, valves, fittings, pumps, condensate systems, safety showers, fire lines, spray nozzles, freeze sensitive equipment, or as backup protection on traced systems/equipment.
- Protects piping and equipment from freeze damage
- Can be used as primary protection or failsafe backup
- Long service lifeSelf-operating
- Fast response
- No outside power required
- Discharges minimum amount of water required
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Corrosion resistant
- Narrow temperature band
- Compact and low mass
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram-type plug for reliable shutoff