- Rated for higher pressure systems
- Controls fluid return temperature
- Maintains constant discharge temperature
- Improves system efficiency
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Temperature actuated relief at set point
- Discharges minimum amount of water required to keep water temperature within safe limits
- All stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant – long service life
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut-off
- Easy to install
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the HAT/RA-HP(Heat Actuated Trap/Reverse Acting – High Pressure, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature.
The HAT/RA-HP) valve is commonly used as a thermal relief valve on fire pumps and high pressure water pumps. It may be used to regulate the flow of glycol, water or other media in critical cooling applications and to economically remove heat from equipment or a process.