- Rated for higher pressure systems
- Controls fluid return temperatures
- Maintains constant discharge temperatures
- Improved system efficiency
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Temperature actuated relief at set point
- All stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant – long service life
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Wrench flat for easy installation
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut-off
- Discharges minimum amount of water required to keep water temperature within safe limits
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the HAT/RA-HP, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls slightly, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary.
The HAT/RA-HP (Heat Actuated Trap/Reverse Acting – High Pressure) valve is commonly used as a thermal relief valve on fire pumps, high pressure water pumps. It can also be used to regulate the flow of glycol, water or other media in critical cooling applications or to economically remove heat from equipment or a process.