HATSP for Scald Protection
The HAT/SP valve continually senses and automatically bleeds excessively hot water from safety shower and eyewash systems. Scald protection is provided with minimal water consumption. The unique plug and seat design offers the most reliable, tight shutoff available.
- HAT/SP temperatures up to 105°F meet ANSI Z258.1 standards
- Protects safety showers from over-temperature conditions, keeping personnel safe
- Long service life
- Fast response
- Discharges the minimum amount of water required to keep water temperature within safe limits
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Compact, low-mass
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram type plug for reliable and tight shutoff
- Installs in any orientation
The HAT/SP-105 will initiate flow when the thermostatic actuator senses 98°F (36.7°C) and will remain open as long as the discharge water temperature is above 95°F (35°C).
In standard flow, the actuator will sense ambient temperature to initiate flow and then respond to water temperature; in reverse flow, the actuator will sense water temperature.
A safety hazard for plant personnel will occur through solar radiation or overheating caused by steam or electric tracing resulting in extremely high temperatures at the point of use. The HAT/SP valve prevents this safety hazard. When installed in safety showers, eyewash stations, and other locations exposed to the same source of overheating as the system, the HAT/SP will be heated just as the pipe system. The valve will open to establish flow until the over-temperature water is eliminated and it will then modulate closed.