- HAT/SP temperatures up to 105°F meet ANSI Z258.1 standards
- Protects safety showers from over-temperature conditions, keeping personnel safe
- Long service life
- Fast response
- Discharges the minimum amount of water required to keep water temperature within safe limits
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Compact, low-mass
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram type plug for reliable and tight shutoff
- Installs in any orientation
The HAT/SP valve continually senses and automatically bleeds excessively hot water from safety shower and eyewash systems. Scald protection is provided with minimal water consumption. The unique plug and seat design offers the most reliable, tight shutoff available.
The HAT/SP-105 will initiate flow when the thermostatic actuator senses 98°F (36.7°C) and will remain open as long as the discharge water temperature is above 95°F (35°C).
In standard flow, the actuator will sense ambient temperature to initiate flow and then respond to water temperature; in reverse flow, the actuator will sense water temperature.
A safety hazard for plant personnel can occur when utilizing safety showers or eyewash stations if overheating of the pipes caused by solar radiation or steam/electric tracing results in extremely high temperatures at the point of use.
The HAT/SP valve can be installed at the highest point of the system to prevent an individual from being scalded when they activate the safety shower or eyewash unit. The valve will open to establish flow until the over-temperature water is eliminated and then it will then modulate closed.