- Protects pump and pump seals from over-temperature damage
- Prevents potentially scalding water from being distributed to users
- Provides completely mechanical thermal relief for booster pumps and cooling jackets
- Self-operating, no power or signal required
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Compact, low mass – fast response
- Corrosion resistant – long service life
- Ram-type plug for tight for reliable shutoff
- Wrench flats for easy installation
- Operates in narrow temperature band
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the ECONO/HAT-RA, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls slightly, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary.
ECONO/HAT-RA is primarily used for thermal relief on booster pumps to keep them cool during idling. It can also be used to controlling cooling water outlet temperature or controlling flow of cooling water, glycol or other cooling media in applications requiring economical removal of heat from equipment or a process. Since ECONO/HAT-RA valves open on rising temperatures, they can be used in many other thermal relief valve applications. These valves save space, install in seconds, and eliminate the use of extra, expensive and time consuming piping. The unique ram-type plug & seat provide reliable, tight shut off longer than any other design available.