- IC/SP temperatures up to 105°F meet ANSI Z358.1 standards
- Protects safety showers from over-temperature conditions, keeping personnel safe
- Long service life
- Fast response
- Discharges the minimum amount of water required to keep water temperature within safe limits
- Available in brass or stainless steel body
- Stainless steel fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Compact, low-mass
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram type plug for reliable and tight shutoff
IC/SP valves are installed within the heated system. The IC/SP-105 will initiate flow when the thermostatic actuator senses water temperature of 98°F (36.7°C) and will remain open as long as the discharge water temperature is above 95°F (35°C).
A safety hazard for plant personnel will occur through solar radiation or overheating caused by steam or electric tracing resulting in extremely high temperatures at the point of use. The IC/SP valve prevents this safety hazard. When installed in safety showers, eyewash stations, and other locations exposed to the same source of overheating as the system, the IC/SP will be heated just as the pipe system. The valve will open to establish flow until the overtemperature water is eliminated and it will then modulate closed.