As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the ECONO/HAT-RA, the valve’s internal thermal actuator modulates it open to discharge the over-temperature fluid. If the temperature exceeds the acceptable range, the thermal relief valve will continue to modulate open, allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls, the thermal safety valve modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow.
This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary. The water discharge can be collected, reused, or repurposed to reduce waste.
The ECONO/HAT-RA valve is primarily used for thermal relief on booster pumps to keep them cool during idling. It can also be used to control cooling water outlet temperature or flow of cooling water, glycol, or other cooling media in applications requiring economical heat removal from equipment or a process.
Since ECONO/HAT-RA valves open on rising temperatures, they can be used in other thermal relief valve applications. These pump thermal relief valves save space, install in seconds, and eliminate the use of extra, expensive, and time-consuming piping. The unique ram-type plug & seat provide reliable, tight shutoff longer than any other design. As a leading thermal relief valve manufacturer, we are committed to delivering versatile products to suit the demands of our customers’ facilities.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- Compact, low-mass
- Corrosion-resistant, long service life
- Ram-type plug for tight, reliable shutoff
- Wrench flats for easy installation
- Narrow temperature band
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Protects pumps and pump seals from over-temperature damage
- Prevents scalding water from being distributed to users
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Stainless steel valves are NSF 61 & 372 certified for use in potable water systems
242 - 000000 - XXX
1/4” ECONO/HAT-RA M/F
242 - 010000 - XXX
1/4” ECONO/HAT-RA M/F SS