The model HAT/RA reverse acting valve can be used to regulate the flow of glycol, water or other media, in critical applications or to economically remove heat from equipment or a process.
- Controls cooling fluid return temperatures – ideal for glycol and water
- Maintains constant discharge temperatures
- Improved system efficiency
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Conserves water
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant – long service life
- Narrow temperature band
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut-off
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the HAT/RA, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls slightly, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary.
The HAT/RA reverse acting valve can be used to regulate the flow of cooling water, glycol or other cooling media in applications requiring economical removal of heat from equipment or a process. Since the HAT/RA valves open on rising temperatures, they can be used in many thermal relief valve applications.