In standard flow, a thermostatic element inside the valve senses air temperature and if this reaches 7°F (3.9°C) below the setpoint the valve open to initiate flow. The valve will remain fully open as long as the water flowing by the sensor is at the setpoint. However, when the water flowing past the sensor is below the setpoint the valve starts to modulate closed and is fully closed approximately 7°F (3.9°C) below the setpoint.
Solar radiation or overheating caused by steam or electric tracing can cause extremely high temperatures at the point of use, resulting in a safety hazard for plant personnel. When installed in safety showers, eyewash stations, and other locations exposed to the same source of overheating as the system, the IC/SP will be heated just as the pipe system. The valve will open to establish flow until the overtemperature water is eliminated and it will then modulate closed.
- IC/SP-105, -100, and 95 meet OSHA temperature guideline
- Protects safety showers from over-temperature conditions, keeping personnel safe
- Long service life
- Fast response
- Discharges the minimum amount of water required to keep water temperature within safe limits
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion resistant
- Exclusive Thermoloid® sensor/controller
- Compact, low-mass
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram type plug for reliable and tight shutoff