An instantaneous and reliable source of tepid water for a safety shower/eyewash system using existing hot and cold water supply.
Conventional mixing valves are unsuitable as the means to provide tepid water at safety shower/eyewash stations. These valves by nature have the property of shutting off entirely if either the hot or cold water supply is interrupted. This is dangerous and unacceptable for safety shower/eyewash systems where cold water must be available under all circumstances. To meet today’s OSHA and ANSI recommendations you must have a system which can respond safely to both hot water and cold water supply failures.
The Therm-O-Mix Station WWM. Its WM-1 mixing valve acting in concert with it’s unique PWM-1 pressure sensing controller assure that cold water will flow to the shower and eyewash even if no hot water is available (as long as the cold water supply is not shut off elsewhere in the system).This is accomplished using completely mechanical, self operating controls. No electricity or air required.
After water flow is activated at the shower or eyewash, the outlet water temperature will reach 85°F when hot water arrives at the mixing valve. The mixing valve then blends the hot and cold water to produce an output of 85°F water. ThermOmegaTech, Inc. also manufactures a Therm-O-Mix® Station for use where only plant steam and cold water are available. Also available are auxiliary freeze protection and scald protection bleeder valves for use where freezing ambient temperatures or overheated lines (due to tracing or high solar heat gain) may be encountered.
- Cv = 10.0
- Uses existing plant hot and cold water supplies
- Conforms to OSHA and ANSI recommendations
- All components are in-line serviceable
- Provides 85°F tepid water from 3 GPM to 45 GPM with water inlet pressure of at least 55 PSIG
- Optional durable, all weather version in high visibility LDPE enclosure available
- Compact, lightweight design easily supported by piping connections (under 15 lbs/6 kg)
- Easy to retrofit on existing shower or combination shower/eyewash systems
- Maintains constant 85°F (29°C) output as long as adequate hot water is available for required flow rate
- All self-operating controllers – no power required