The EcoFlow® mechanical seal support system contains a highly reliable and repeatable thermal actuator that continuously senses the seal water temperature. If the seal water should exceed the specified factory set-point the valve will modulate open discharging the hot water, displacing it with cool water. This cooler water will cause the EcoFlow® to modulate closed. This cycle will continue to occur as long as excessive heat is being transferred to the seal water causing the water temperature to exceed the valve’s factory set-point.
The EcoFlow® valve is installed on the seal water outlet of a double mechanical seal to continuously maintain a constant seal water outlet temperature. This increases seal life by ensuring an optimum seal environment while drastically reducing water consumption and significantly increasing cost savings.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- All Stainless-steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion-resistant – long service life
- Ram-type plug for tight, reliable shutoff
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Fail-safe design – fails open
- Optional side port feature allows flushing debris from inside valve
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Drastically decreases seal water consumption
- Increases water treatment efficiency
- Eliminates dry runs due to operator error
- Increases seal life
- Expands mechanical seal use to more applications
- Decreases operating cost
- Quick and easy installation
Seal Water Savings Example
To illustrate the water savings from the case study below that can be realized with EcoFlow®’s mechanical seal support system, we’ve used a typical seal manufacturer’s recommendation of 2.6GPM (Gallons per Minute) to be used to flush the seals versus EcoFlow’s ~3GPH (Gallons Per Hour), operating 8 hours a day, 5 days a week (2080 hours per year).
MFR Recommended flow: 2080 hours x 2.6 gallons per minute = 324,480 gallons of water per year.
EcoFlow: 2080 hours x 3 gallons per hour = 6,240 gallons of water per year.
In our calculation, EcoFlow® can save ~318,000 gallons of water per year.
Read the complete case study: EcoFlow Sugar Produce Case Study
1/4” EcoFlow® SS
1/4” EcoFlow® SS w/ side port
3/8” EcoFlow® SS
3/8” EcoFlow® SS w/ side port