- Allows refilling of locomotive with cool water without tripping of GURU® Plugs
- Alerts to the presence of deactivated GURU® Plugs
- Minimizes risks of deactivated GURU® Plugs
- Can be used with Magnum and DL 2.1 Plugs
- Magnetic base attaches to locomotive body or running board
- Flashing light for increased visibility
- Long cable length for easy placement
The clip at the end of the cable is inserted into the slot in the GURU® stem/cam after warming the nose of the cartridge. The flag can then be attached to the side of the locomotive by its magnetic base to provide an external indication that the GURU® has been disabled. When the locomotive’s cooling system is back up to temperature, the clip is easily removed and the GURU® is again armed to protect the locomotive.
The GURU® Flag and Clip Tool allows filling a locomotive cooling system with cold water that would otherwise trip the GURU® Plug open. The GURU® Flag is a highly visible indicator that the clip is inserted and the GURU® Plug is deactivated. This will help to prevent leaving a penny or washer in the valve resetting stem, defeating the valve’s function and possibly resulting in freeze damage to the locomotive.