- Regulates coolant flow to maintain constant temperature
- Fully wetted actuator assures sensitivity to fluid temperature
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Wide choice of set points
- Operates in any position
- Easy to install
- Compact, low mass for fast response
- Corrosion resistant – Long service life
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring and plug
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Standard fittings are Parker A-LOK, but Swagelok are also available
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the TV/HAT-RA, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant outlet fluid temperature.
The TV/HAT-RA reverse acting valve may be used to regulate the flow of cooling water, glycol or other cooling media in applications requiring economical removal of heat from equipment or a process. Since the TV/HAT-RA valves open on rising temperatures, they can be used in many thermal relief valve applications.