- Eliminates live steam losses
- Downstream actuator for greater sensitivity
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Wide choice of set points
- Operates in any position
- Easy to install
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring and plug
- Corrosion resistant – Long service life
- Compact, low mass for fast response
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Standard fittings are Parker A-LOK, but Swagelok are also available
TV/HAT valves responds only to temperature. After condensate forms and cools to near the set point, the valve modulates the flow to maintain a constant condensate discharge temperature. The valves are wide open at start-up for rapid venting and initial heat-up and are self-draining after shutdown, to eliminate freeze damage. For heating of temperature sensitive instruments or process fluids, the reduced temperature available for tracing simplifies operations and eliminates overheating problems. For other heat transfer fluids, TV/HAT valves maintain a constant discharge temperature, thus providing benefits of accurate process temperature control and improved efficiency.
TV/HAT valves are ideal for use in conjunction with tracer tubing and tracing systems using pre-traced tubing bundles. These valves are optimal for replacing conventional steam traps on winterization tracing, instrument tracing, condensate return system freeze protection, tracing for processes under 150°F (65°C), and other applications requiring in-line flow control based on temperature.