The TV/SC-A (Tube Valve/Steam Control-Ambient Sensing) is a Steam Tracing Control Valve that can be used to turn on steam, air, gas, or liquids compatible with Teflon® and stainless steel in response to ambient temperature changes to protect piping and instrumentation from freeze damage.
The thermostatic actuator located at one end of the TV/SC-A (thermally isolated from the body of the valve), will automatically open or close within a 10°F (5.6°C) differential (e.g. 35°- 45°F) to provide an optimal fluid temperature. The steam tracing control valve is normally closed and will begin to open to inject steam or another fluid when the ambient temperature drops below the valves’ set-point. The valves will close again once the air temperature rises back above the valves’ set-point, saving thousands of dollars in wasted operating costs.
There are hundreds of applications for this compact, self-contained, automatic steam tracing control valve.
Most often used in steam tracing applications, these self-actuating valves can also be used in the operation of pneumatically operated pumps for injection of anti-freeze liquids and instrument enclosure temperature control (See ITCH product sheet).
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® blend wax thermal actuator
- Stainless-steel body, fittings, and plugs
- Compact, low mass – fast response
- Corrosion-resistant – long service life
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Wide choice of set-points available
- Large flow coefficient (Cv)
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Economically controls fluid flow
- Reduces operating and labor costs associated with winterization procedures
- Eliminates steam waste in tracing
- Standard tube connections for quick and easy installation
- Unaffected by pressure variations
713 - 0X1000 - XXX
714 - 0X1000 - XXX