Available in 35°F or 40°F release temperatures.
GURU® DL 2.1-35
GURU® DL 2.1-40
- Will not trip or dump while locomotive is running
- Fully automatic – it never forgets to activate freeze protection
- Completely mechanical – No electrical or air connections
- Not affected by air flow or air temperature surrounding valve – releases only when cooling water reaches setpoint
- Rapid draining
- Easy system refill
- Models available to convert existing freeze protection
- Easily tested in field
- Slotted actuator feature prevents nuisance dumps when refilling cooling system with cold water
- Unit automatically rearms after filling and reheating
- Actuator sensing surface is the only wetted part
- Long service life: All moving parts are stainless steel
- Design excludes cooling water chemicals and other debris from moving parts
- Easy maintenance
- Several body styles available for various applications: 1-1/4 NPT, tee, and flanged tee.
- Paint mask minimizes accidental paint-ins
- Knob on cartridge for easy installation and removal even in awkward locations
- Choice of release temperatures: 35°F or 40°F
- Locomotive engine and compressor set cooling systems
- Stand-by diesel heating circulators
- Back-up protection in event of shut-down
- Hot water cab heater lines
- On-board tanks and piping
The GURU® DL2.1 is the most widely used and proven locomotive freeze protection valve in the world. It may be thought of as an automatic freeze-out plug with one important difference: The stainless steel GURU® Cartridge releases itself from its body at a pre-set water temperature (35°F or 40°F), rather than being forced out by the tremendous pressure of expanding ice. This provides almost a full one inch bore to rapidly drain the typical locomotive before damage can occur.
Resetting and rearming the GURU® Plug is easily accomplished by simply reheating the cartridge and utilizing our GURU® Flag and Clip tool with slotted actuator feature. This feature prevents the GURU® Plug from triggering open again while refilling the cooling system with cold water.