Available in 35°F or 40°F release temperatures.
Magnum GURU® 470 35°F
Magnum GURU® 470 40°F
- Drains twice as fast as the standard GURU® Plug
- Will not trip or dump while locomotive is running
- Straight SAE threads and O-ring seals provide for easy field maintenance and testing
- Easy installation
- Completely mechanical – No electrical or air connections
- Not affected by air flow or air temperature surrounding valve – releases only when cooling water reaches setpoint
- Easy system refill
- Models available to convert existing freeze protection
- Slotted actuator feature prevents nuisance dumps when refilling cooling system with cold water.
- Unit automatically rearms after filling and reheating Actuator sensing surface is the only wetted part
- Actuator sensing surface is the only wetted part
- Design excludes cooling water chemicals and other debris from moving parts
- Long service life: All moving parts are stainless steel
- Available in modified 1-1/4” NPT tee or flanged tee body styles
- Paint mask minimizes accidental paint-ins
- Knob on cartridge for easy installation and removal even in awkward locations
- Locomotive engine cooling systems
- Stand-by diesel heating circulators
- Back up protection in event of shutdown
- On-board tanks and piping
The Magnum GURU® Plug is a higher discharge capacity version of the standard GURU® Plug. The Magnum GURU® Plug is a self-operating thermostatic drain valve that responds to engine coolant temperature and will pop open and drain when coolant reaches the setpoint (35°F or 40°F). This provides almost a full 1.2 inch bore to rapidly drain a locomotive before freeze damage can occur.
Resetting and rearming the Magnum GURU® Plug is easily accomplished by simply reheating the cartridge and utilizing the slotted actuator feature with the GURU® Flag and Clip tool. This feature prevents the GURU® Plug from triggering open again while refilling the cooling system with cold water.