The ESS water heater is packaged with our Therm-O-Mix®/WWM specifically designed, tested, and proven for use in emergency safety shower/face/eyewash applications. When you specify and install an ESS water heater, you can be confident that it will be a safe and dependable source of tepid water to an emergency drench system.
Packaged with the ESS is a triple-redundant, thermostatic valve designed specifically for emergency safety shower/face/eyewash applications. The Therm-O-Mix®/WWM is factory mounted and piped to the water heater. After water flow is activated at the emergency station, the outlet water temperature from the ESS will be maintained at 85°F tepid temperature.
The ESS is able to achieve the high-volume demand required for a safety drench system by mixing the 170°F water in the tank with incoming cold water. The mixing valve meets OSHA and ANSI requirements and is capable of providing constant 85°F output regardless of inlet pressure and temperature variations. The temperature is factory set making the valve tamper-proof.
The water temperature is not warm enough to open skin pores and not cold enough to deter usage. The valve is capable of providing a full range of flows from the smallest flow of 0.4 GPM for an eyewash to the combined 23 GPM flow for a simultaneous demand of shower, eyewash, and face wash system.
The Therm-O-Mix®/WWM incorporates a pressure sensing controller with a thermal actuator that senses the water pressure on both the hot and cold water inlet connections. If the hot water pressure is not present, then the actuator overrides the mixing valve and a flow of cold water is allowed. If no cold-water pressure is available at the mixing valve inlet, then the hot water port will close to prevent overheated water from exiting the mixing valve.
The valve also includes a safety override feature that continuously senses the final mixed water temperature. If the final water temperature is overheated, the valve automatically closes the hot water port and fully opens the cold water port. In any of these fault conditions, the ESS will continue to provide a full flow of water as per the ANSI standard with no additional pressure drop.
The ESS safety shower water heater and WWM water/water mixing valve combo package is used for emergency safety shower and face/eyewash stations in manufacturing, food production, chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and other facilities where personnel can be exposed to hazardous or corrosive materials.
At ThermOmegaTech® we offer a range of tepid water delivery methods to meet any of your needs. From our steam and water mixing Therm-O-Mix® Station, hot and cold water mixing Therm-O-Mix®/WWM valve or our ESS tepid water heater, your employees will always have access to safe, reliable and comfortable showers when they need them most.
- Factory packaged with the Therm-O-Mix Station®/WWM
- All electrical operating controls are factory selected and wired to ensure reliable operation
- ½” Hydrastone cement lining provides tank longevity
- Fully insulated with 3″ thick polyurethane foam to minimize standby heat loss
- Copper-silicon alloy tapings cannot rust or corrode
- High impact composite jacket cannot rust or corrode and eliminates potential damage during installation and transit
- Compliant with OSHA and ANSI tepid water standards
- Self-operating mixing valve prohibits the delivery of overheated water to prevent scalding
- Mixing valve designed to ensure a constant flow of tepid water even when an accident causes a loss of electric power
- Reduces risk of Legionella because water is stored at an elevated temperature
- Component’s factory assembled simplifies installation
- 5-year non-pro-rated tank warranty