- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Wide choice of set points
- Operates in any position
- Easy to install
- Leak port (LP) senses changing upstream temperature
- Compact, low mass for fast response
- Corrosion resistant – Long service life
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring and plug
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Standard fittings are Parker A-LOK, but Swagelok are also available
The TV/HAT-RA-LP is installed on the cooling water outlet of the equipment as an after flow controller. At start-up, the valve is closed except for the “control leakage”, allowing a small amount of flow to sense the changing equipment temperature. As the outlet water temperature increases to within the operating range of the TV/HAT-RA-LP, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the cooling water temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional cooling flow. As the outlet water temperature falls, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant outlet water temperature.
TV/HAT-RA-LP valves are ideal for controlling cooling water for compressors, engines, heat exchangers, welding equipment, electrical equipment, and molding equipment.