The thermostatic actuator located at the one end of the US/S-X (Ultra Surface Sensing) temperature control valve may be installed immersed in the process fluid or mounted non-invasively to the pipeline with the optional band-o-let fitting. This ultra sense control valve allows the wax actuator to be in contact with the process directly or through thermal conduction to sense the temperature and regulate the inflow of heating media. Input temperatures or steam supply can vary widely, but the control temperature is maintained within desired limits.
The thermal actuator automatically and continuously monitors the temperature and will modulate open and closed to keep the process fluid heated at a specified temperature within a 10°F differential. For example, a 90°F valve would open at 90°F and close at 100°F, keeping the process fluid between 90 – 100°F.
The compact self-operating ultra sense control valve can maintain very tight temperature control of any number of control loops using steam, liquid phase heat transfer media such as Dowtherm®, hot water, hot oil, glycol, etc. In general, they can be used whenever accurate, low cost control is required.
The reverse-acting model, US/S-XR can be used to control cooling media to economically remove heat from equipment or a process.
Installed to Pipeline
Installed in Process
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- All stainless-steel construction
- Narrow temperature band
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut off
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Maintains optimal process temperature
- Prevents process overheating
- Discharges minimum amount of media for temperature control
- Quick and easy installation
- Long service life
654 - 000000 - XXX
654 - 010000 - XXX
655 - 000000 - XXX
655 - 010000 - XXX