- Will not trip or dump while locomotive is running
- Fully automatic – it never forgets to activate freeze protection
- Completely mechanical – No electrical or air connections
- Not affected by air flow or air temperature surrounding valve – releases only when cooling water reaches setpoint
- Rapid draining
- Easy system refill
- Models available to convert existing freeze protection
- Easily tested in field
- Slotted actuator feature prevents nuisance dumps when refilling cooling system with cold water
- Unit automatically rearms after filling and reheating
- Optional domed anti-tamper cap eliminates ability to tamper with the valve resetting stem
- Easily retrofits into water cooled air compressor heads.
- Flanged and 2” NPT threaded styles
- Actuator sensing surface is the only wetted part
- Long service life: All moving parts are stainless steel
- Design excludes cooling water chemicals and other debris from moving parts
- Easy maintenance
- Paint mask minimizes accidental paint-ins
- Knob on cartridge for easy installation and removal even in awkward locations
- Choice of release temperatures: 35°F or 40°F
- Both are used for water-cooled air compressor head freeze protection.
- The GURU® CHS adapts to Gardner Denver’s compressor set cooling systems. Most common on EMD’s SD70 locomotives.
The GURU® DL2.1 CH and CHS may be thought of as an automatic freeze-out plug with one important difference: The stainless steel GURU® Cartridge releases itself from its body at a pre-set water temperature (35°F or 40°F), rather than being forced out by the tremendous pressure of expanding ice. This provides almost a full one inch bore to rapidly drain the typical compressor before damage can occur.
Resetting and rearming the GURU® Plug is easily accomplished by simply reheating the cartridge and utilizing our GURU® Flag and Clip or GURU® Flag and Key tool which prevent the GURU® Plug from triggering open again while refilling the cooling system with cold water.