The TV/HAT-RA (reverse acting, heat actuated trap valve with tube fittings) is a thermal relief valve that should be installed as close to the pump casing as possible to automatically and continuously control the cooling media within the system to maintain the desired temperature. Since it is what we classify as reverse-acting, the valve will open when the fluid temperature rises to the valve’s set point.
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the TV/HAT-RA, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the valve’s set point, the temperature control valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge.
As the outlet temperature falls, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant outlet fluid temperature.
The TV/HAT-RA valve may be used to regulate the flow of cooling water, glycol or other cooling media in applications requiring economical removal of heat from equipment or a process to maintain a constant temperature. Since the TV/HAT-RA valve opens on rising temperatures, it can be used in many thermal relief valve applications such as liquid cooling systems, water-cooled heat exchangers, injection mold cooling, die-cast mold cooling, and water-cooled compressors.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® blend paraffin wax actuator
- Compact, low mass, responsive
- Corrosion-resistant – Long service life
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Fully wetted temperature control actuator assures sensitivity to fluid temperature
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Wide choice of set points
- Operates in any position
- Easy installation
223 - 100X00 - XXX
223 - 110X00 - XXX
224 - 100X00 - XXX
224 - 110X00 - XXX